Three Muses, namely those of Poetry, Music, and Song achieve a magical fusion in the poetic entity known as the Ghazal.
Fashioned out of an amalgamation of couplets, each couplet or sher is a drop which contains an Ocean. Each pearl of the necklace is independent of the other beads, both in exposition and meaning. The commonality comes from the rhyme, rhythm and meter, which recur with unfailing frequency, creating a melodious reoccurrence, quite like the burden of a song.
Ghazals India was primarily established with the purpose of re- establishing, rejuvenating and refreshing this unique and brilliant art form, which is the soul and spirit of Urdu poetry. The Ghazal reaches out and touches all Indians who speak and understand Hindustani.Ghazals India desires, in all humility, to bring to the fore, pure exponents of the Ghazal form, those Artists who are confined to one part of the Country, though deserving to be heard and appreciated on a national level. Devi Murthy and Zameer Ahmed are two such Singers. Finally Ghazals India seeks to put to music, poetry, which is eminently worth rendering, of Poets who deserve a wider audience.
The Ghazal has lost its cadence and sparkle primarily on account of three reasons:
- The poetic compositions that are rendered by various exponents of the Ghazal are repetitive, as if there are only these many poems of the Masters and popular poets which can be sung.
- There are only a limited number of Artists who are identified as ghazal singers. The number of these performers is restricted. As a consequence, freshness, variety and innovation suffer at their hands.
- The Artists who exercise a monopoly on the Ghazal have unwittingly perhaps, impaired its style, manner and tenor of voice, by their monotony of expression. Like Life, that is ever changing, the ghazal needs a new manifestation in the form of new voices, new poetic compositions, new topical meanings and issues, new styles of rendition, new musical undertones, and a simpler and more succinct expression, for a wider reach.
Ghazals India intends to carry its reverberations, in a novel manner, to each and every home in the Country, so that none is bereft of its inherent musical quality, its depth of meaning, its simplicity of expression, its universality, and its timeless quality.
- Our first two albums were recently launched at the Hyderabad Heritage festival held in April 2012 at the invitation of the Dept of Tourism, Andhra Pradesh.
- Ghazals India intends to release its Albums on a regular basis, aiming at novelty in both form and content.
- We are in the process of identifying distribution and retail outlets so that our Music can be showcased nationally and internationally.
- Bringing out in its full manifestation and magnificence, the natural fusion of the three Art Forms namely Poetry, Music and Song.
- Carrying to discerning audiences voices that need to be heard and talent waiting to be discovered
- Bringing out the unique beauty of the Ghazal in its pristine form to Ghazal and Music lovers.
- To deviate from the beaten track, and to digress from the sameness and monotony of Voice, Music & Poetry, of oft-heard Ghazals